Junior Financial Analyst
Reporting to: Corporate Finance Director
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Verde Corporate Finance offer expert advice on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, forecasting and fundraising that helps fast growing businesses reach their goals.
After a period of continuous growth, Verde Corporate Finance are looking to broaden the services they can offer to clients and as such are now looking for an enthusiastic individual to join them as a Junior Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Corporate Finance Director, the Junior Financial Analyst will be responsible for; collecting financial data, monitoring and analysing it then making recommendations based on their findings.
This role would suit a graduate with either a finance, accountancy, mathematics, economics or business degree who is looking to build on their corporate finance knowledge in a fast-paced business environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research historical and current financial data.
- Maintain financial database by ensuring all data entered is correct.
- Analyse and interpret financial data, look for trends and summarise findings.
- Prepare regular reports based on your findings and make recommendations.
- Present findings to the Corporate Finance Director.
- Assist the Corporate Finance team with developing PowerPoint presentations.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Degree in finance, accountancy, business, mathematics or economics.
- Some work experience as a Junior Financial Assistant or similar role in a fast-paced corporate or business environment.
- Knowledge of legislations that affect the financial industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and develop.
- Maturity, professionalism and high level of discretion.
- Strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research and data analysis.
Work Based Competencies:
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Good with spreadsheets, statistics and reports.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Working hours are 9am to 5pm Mondays to Thursdays and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays.
- Due to the nature of the role, we may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What we’re offering:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus the usual bank holidays in England and Wales.
- Good location with a free on-site car park.
- Company benefits and perks include; pension, further education opportunities (in line with role), free access to the buildings on-site gym, regular shuttle buses to and from Cardiff City Centre, paid lunches by the company (up to the value of £10 per week), free eye tests and free refreshments.
Email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com to apply.